Conservation + Common Sense
Biological Surveys / Permitting / Monitoring
West Kern Environmental Consulting, LLC is a biological services company based in Bakersfield, CA, and is staffed by experienced professionals with working knowledge of the threatened and endangered species found throughout Central California.
Our clients include major oil and gas companies such as California Resources Corporation and its Business Units (CA Resources Elk Hills, CA Resources Production Corp., CA Heavy Oil, Inc.), Phillips 66 Pipeline Company, and Sentinel Peak Resources. In addition to our experience in the oil and gas industry, WKEC is currently providing "Designated Biologists" on the California High Speed Rail Project. We seek to build long term working relationships with our clients. Our services are tailored to your needs and customized for your goals. A history of strong communication with each client has allowed us to anticipate and resolve issues before they have an impact on projects. Our timely and accurate results protect the environment and your company's reputation, enabling your project to move forward.
In addition to our technical expertise, WKEC can help you meet your project's small business participation goals.
West Kern Environmental Consulting is certified as:
- 8a Small Business with the Small Business Administration (SBA# 307322)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, DBE, for Caltrans - DOT (CUCP #43399)
- Small Business with the State of California (CA SB vendor #1802086)
- Women/Minority Business Enterprise, WMBE, through the California Public Utilities Commission (VON #16000103)
- Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business, EDWOSB, (WOSB Program Repository DUNS# 843930186)
Click the Logo to find out what services WKEC has provided
West Kern Environmental Consulting staff and associates use the accepted, industry standard survey methodologies and equipment. Our staff is trained in the use of GIS software and GPS equipment for collecting and analyzing data. Our biologists have specialized training to conduct surveys that meet state, federal, and ancillary protocol requirements for many listed plant and animal species. Our team has managed the Occidental of Elk Hills Habitat Conservation Plan, which includes San Joaquin kit fox surveys, small mammal trapping, vegetation sampling, Blunt-nosed leopard lizard surveys, Giant kangaroo rat colony assessments, and Hoover's woolly-star monitoring.
- Biological Resource Surveys for Threatened and Endangered Species
- Biological Assessments
- Blunt-nosed Leopard Lizard Surveys
- Desert Tortoise Surveys
- Small Mammal Trapping (SCP-10521 expires 2018)
- San Joaquin Kit Fox Den Monitoring and Excavation
- Botanical Surveys
- Revegetation Planning and Monitoring
- Local, State, and Federal Agency Permitting including mitigation monitoring plans and restoration plans
- Regulatory Compliance
- Construction Monitoring
- Habitat Disturbance Tracking
- ARC GIS
Our team of professionals works frequently with:
- Kern County Environmental Health Department
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
Maintaining a close professional relationship with local wildlife officials allows our clients' projects to remain on schedule and within budget.